Royal Mail Mailmark®
A service bringing mail, technology and business information together
Royal Mail Mailmark®: Mail that speaks volumes
The Mailmark option brings mail, technology and business information together. Mailmark barcode technology offers web-based reporting from an online analytics dashboard - showing detailed batch level reporting on predicted delivery, volume and performance as well as item level error reporting.
It has been designed for high volume, high quality machine readable mail and will provide you with powerful tools to analyse your mailings.
For the first time, you will know when your consignment has arrived with Royal Mail, when it's predicted to be delivered and how well it performs - all at a click.
Mailmark option brings:
- Transparency - know where your mail is in the Royal Mail network
- Timing - know when your mail is due to arrive for better planning
- Reporting - know how to maximise performance at every step.
Mailmark enabled services
Sortation: Access 70
Format: Letters and Large Letters
- Mailmark is available as an option for machine-readable Letters and Large Letters sorted as Access 70. You can send General Large Letters (providing the thickness of the mailing item does not exceed 10mm), Business Mail, Advertising Mail, Responsible Mail, Poll Cards and Magazine Subscription Mail using Mailmark. It is not available with non machine-readable items or Access 1400. Visit the Our Services page to see the services you can use with Mailmark.
For business customers Mailmark technology offers:
- Agility - you can make better business decisions based on the extra visibility of Royal Mail performance that Mailmark reporting provides
- Confidence - you know when your communications are predicted to reach customers and can time your follow up and resources. You can provide proof of process to your stakeholders and improve the timing of your customer contact
- Efficiency - information on address quality and incorrect data helps you to improve your data and ensure you always get the best possible price
For mail producers it brings:
- Solutions - see exactly at what point a problem arises and why
- Proof of value - demonstrate efficiency through mail reporting
- Proportional adjustments - a more targeted and transparent adjustments system
- Equip and attract - the new capability will open the door to new customers
For advertisers and agencies it enables:
- Campaign integration - predicted delivery information generated by the Mailmark technology will help you to integrate your marketing campaigns across media as well as improve your contact centre scheduling.
- ROI - compare effectiveness of mail to other media
- Data Improvement - improve accuracy and ensure your mail is always processed at the best possible price
To start using Mailmark contact your Royal Mail Access Account Director or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing your Mailmark reports
- Royal Mail upgraded its Mailmark data warehouse systems and software in December 2020. As part of this refresh we introduced new Mailmark reporting functionality available to customers in two forms:
PDF reporting - we provide, upon request, Mailmark customers with details of the performance of their mailings through provision of a PDF file.
- Mailmark Direct Data transfer service - this provides Mailmark customers automatically with supply item data on all your Mailmark items.
Take a look at our Royal Mail Mailmark Reporting page which provides further details about the above.
Mailmark is available to customers who have agreed to Schedule 20: Royal Mail Mailmark of the Access Letters Contract.
Mailmark Terms and Conditions
- Schedule 20: Royal Mail Mailmark
- Royal Mail Mailmark Letters Specification (User Guide)
- Royal Mail Mailmark Large Letters Specification (User Guide)
Other useful documents - how to successfully deploy and implement Mailmark
- Mailmark Adjustments Explained
- Summary of Mailmark Adjustments
- Creating supply chains (Updated 17/08/2018)
- SCID Request Form
- Participant ID Request Form
- Participant Terms and Conditions
- Quality Assurance and Design Check Form
- Large Letter Quality Assurance and Design Check Form
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Royal Mail Mailmark Barcode Definition Document
- Mailmark eManifest Handling System Implementation Guidelines
- 4-state Barcode for Mailmark Font
- Mailmark Barcode Options
- Encoder User Guide
- Encoder & Decoding Mailmark Barcode C Guide
- Encoder & Decoding Mailmark Barcode L Guide
- Mailmark Barcode Encoder Eng EXE
- Mailmark Barcode Endcoder Eng SRC
- Mailmark SAP Codes
Send poll cards using Mailmark
Customers wishing to send poll cards using the Mailmark service must send examples of the poll cards to be accredited by us before they post them. In our Quality Assurance process, we check the poll cards for the following:
The physical design passes our mail processing test
The Mailmark barcode can be read by our machines
The address accuracy and positioning
The DPS allocation and accuracy