What is Advertising Mail?
With advertising budgets being squeezed, direct mail has a vital part to play in gaining better value for advertisers' money. The Royal Mail Advertising Mail® service offers you a price reduction against Access Standard and Premium services when you post direct mail.
An add-on to our Advertising Mail service, you can obtain additional discounts for making your mailing pack more environmentally friendly by meeting one of two levels of specification, Entry or Intermediate.
Direct Mail benefits
In the UK there are 530 TV stations, 824 radio stations, 1600 newspaper titles and 1970 magazine titles but only one letterbox. Only Mail can reach 99.9% of the UK population of 30m addresses.
Direct mail spend rose by seven per cent in the third quarter of 2010, representing the first increase since 2006, new research has shown. According to the AA/Warc Expenditure Report UK advertising spend is expected to rise by 6.6% per during 2011.
- Between October 2009 and March 2010 an average of 92% of direct mail was opened, including 99% for personal banking and 96% for supermarket mail (Billets Media Monitoring)
- More organisations are using DM with an increase of 34% rise since 2006 (Neilson Ad Dynamix)
- ROI for DM continues to rise with ROI increases of 205% from 2006-2009 (Brand Science)
- The environmental footprint for DM is lighter than perceived by consumers and organisations with 77% of Direct Mail now recycled and only 0.9% finding its way to landfill. (DMA UK & Defra)
- Younger audiences respond to DM too with 25-34 year olds 44% more responsive to DM that average (TGI BMRB Q1 2011)
DM complements the digital world with consumers more likely to click on a search link from a company that they've received something from in the post (Hall and Partners).