Mail Centre Rationalisation Programme V9.0
Royal Mail is currently progressing with an ongoing programme of Mail Centre modernisation reviews which involve the closure of some of its smaller Mail Centres, consolidation of larger and more modern Mail Centres as well as the opening of some new Mail Centres. We are pleased to be able to share the information following the latest consultation period with regard to the Mail Centre modernisation programme.
2012 - Completed
- Mail for W2-14 Postcode areas which was circulated to London Central Mail Centre is now circulated to Greenford.
- Mail for N Postcode which was circulated to London East Mail Centre is now circulated to London Central.
- Mail for SE1-28 Postcode areas which is currently circulated to London South will be circulated to Croydon from Monday 11th June 2012. Mail for SW postcode remains at London South
- Worcester Mail Centre closes as an Access point for DSA mail. Mail currently circulate for Worcester (WR/HR postcodes) will circulate to Birmingham from Monday 11th June 2012
- Maidstone Mail Centre closes as an Access point for DSA. Mail will be circulated to the New Medway Mail Centre for ME Pstcode mail on 25th June 2012
2012 - Proposed
- Mail for DE Postcode areas which was circulated to Derby Mail Centre will circulate to Nottingham Mail Centre from 12th November 2012
- The closure of York and Bradford Mail Centres and the transfer of the work to Leeds MC in 2012/13
- The closure of Darlington and Teesside and the transfer of work to Tyneside in 2012/13
- The closure of Doncaster in 2012/13 and Hull in 2014/15 and the transfer of work to Sheffield
- The closure of Southend and the transfer of the work to Chelmsford in 2011 /12
- The closure of Dartford, Canterbury, Maidstone and Tonbridge and the transfer of work to a new Kent Mail Centre in 2012
No further updates are yet agreed.
Please contact your Access Account Director for any further information.