Mail Centre rationalisation programme V.8
Royal Mail is currently progressing with an ongoing programme of Mail Centre modernisation reviews which involve the closure of some of its smaller Mail Centres, consolidation of larger and more modern Mail Centres as well as the opening of some new Mail Centres. We are pleased to be able to share the information following the latest consultation period with regard to the mail centre modernisation programme.
- Mail for HP Postcode area currently circulating Hemel Hempstead Mail Centre is to be circulated to Home Counties North (new site) from 8th August 2011.
- Mail for SG Postcode area currently circulating to Stevenage Mail Centre is to be circulated to Home Counties North (new site) from 8th August 2011
- Mail for AL EN, LU & WD Postcode areas currently circulating to Watford Mail Centre is to be circulated to Home Counties North (new site) from 5th September 2011.
- Mail for W2-14 (W1-14 for Access 70) Postcode areas currently circulated to London Central Mail Centre is to be circulated to Greenford from January 2012 (postponed from 25th July 2011).
- Mail for N Postcode currently circulated to London East Mail Centre to be circulated to London Central from February 2012 (postponed from 15th August 2011)
- The closure of York and Bradford Mail Centres and the transfer of the work to Leeds MC in 2012/13
- The closure of Darlington and Teesside and the transfer of work to Tyneside in 2012/13
- The closure of Doncaster in 2012/13 and Hull in 2014/15 and the transfer of work to Sheffield
- The closure of Southend and the transfer of the work to Chelmsford in 2011 /12
- The closure of Dartford, Canterbury, Maidstone and Tonbridge and the transfer of work to a new Kent Mail Centre in 2012
No further updates are yet agreed.
Please contact your Access Account Director for any further information.